Why Families Love MWPH
Why do families love Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital?
Your child’s health is a top priority. Of course, your child’s health is a top priority to you, but also to the dedicated and caring team at Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital (MWPH). Every day, our caregivers give their endless expertise and energy to the children they see, whether in our inpatient units or outpatient clinics. Nothing is more important than finding the right place for your child’s treatment- we think you’ve found that right here at MWPH.
The heart of MWPH is our excellent integrated family-focused care.
- Our expert clinicians work together to facilitate children’s healing to get them back home, back to school, and back to their lives.
- Proudly serving children with a wide variety of issues, our hospital provides care at our home in Mt. Washington, our UM Capital Region Medical Center location and around the community.
Our services are both unique to MWPH and wide-ranging to meet the needs of our young patients.
- From our nationally-recognized Feeding Day program to the Johns Hopkins Pediatric Sleep Center at Mt. Washington, our services provide distinct and unmatched care in the region.
- Our unique affiliation with both the University of Maryland Medical System and Johns Hopkins Medicine connects us to a strong team of caregivers, who work hand-in-hand for our children.
We love to support parents, and we provide education so everyone is ready to go home.
MWPH provides strong support to patient parents, making sure they are ready for the transition to home. Examples include:
- Family-focused support groups
- Parent Mentor volunteers
- Language Services assistance
- Sim Lab for parent learning
- Car Seat program
MWPH is passionate about providing the most child-friendly and positive healing process possible.
- Colorful inpatient and outpatient facilities with accessible outdoor areas create a cheerful atmosphere. Nestled in the woodsy area in Mt. Washington, our hospital often feels like a warm retreat center.
- With ample parking, shuttle services, a newly-renovated café and more, MWPH makes it easy for families to get the caregiving they need.