Have you seen our public service announcement on CAR SEAT SAFETY? Click here to learn more.
Supporting the hospital's mission of maximizing the health and independence of the children we serve, the Community Benefit Program aims to improve health and quality of life for children and their families through evidence-based prevention and wellness programs, educational resources, health education and screenings.
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital fulfills its vital mission to the community by investing in programs and services to improve the health status of the community. We work closely with schools, local government, head start programs, faith-based organizations, youth and family services and more, to better meet community needs to serve the most vulnerable children and their families in Baltimore City, Baltimore County and beyond.
Community Benefit offerings of the hospital include:
- Community health education outreach activities: health fairs, self-help and support groups, educational seminars and other preventative outreach
- Health screenings in the community at schools, Head Start programs and other locations- Hearing, Vision, Lead Blood Level, Height/Weight/Body Mass Index (BMI), Blood Pressure, Body Fat Analysis
- Community health care support services: telephone information services, transport programs for patients and families (including cab vouchers)
- Health professional education
- Mission driven services (Weigh Smart, Lead Treatment Program)
- Financial in-kind donations to support community programs
- Community-building activities
To learn more or to contact us, call 410-578-5065.