MWPH's Mission, Vision and Values
In 1922, Hortense Kahn Eliasberg sought to open a home where children could safely recover from illness and surgery.
Thanks to her efforts, the Happy Hills Convalescent Home for Children opened later that year in Northwest Baltimore. It has since evolved into the Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital, a leader in local pediatric care.
Today, those who work at Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital remain committed to the mission Hortense Kahn Eliasberg established so many years ago – improving the health and well-being of all children who are ill, injured or in need of help.
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital is dedicated to maximizing the health and independence of the children we serve.
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital will be a premier leader in providing specialty health care for children, as distinguished by our:
- Quality of care
- Service excellence
- Multidisciplinary approach
- Family focus
- Outstanding workforce
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital will act in a manner consistent with these values:
- Quality – Adhere to the highest standards of care in a safe environment
- Integrity – Act with honesty and truthfulness in all patient care and business activities
- Respect – Treat all individuals with compassion, dignity and courtesy
- Education – Promote lifelong learning