It’s our Centennial! Join us in celebrating the wonderful history of this hospital and learn more about MWPH today!
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital was founded in 1922 by Hortense Kahn Eliasberg who sought to open a home where children could safely recover from illness and surgery. Thanks to her efforts, the Happy Hills Convalescent Home for Children opened later that year in Northwest Baltimore.
Today, those who work at MWPH remain committed to Mrs. Eliasberg’s mission – improving the health and well-being of children who are ill, injured, or in need of help. Our mission continues to be maximizing the health and independence of the children we serve.
From our early days of treating rheumatic fever and polio to the current need of supporting patients through the long-term effects of COVID-19, MWPH serves as a critical resource for all children, regardless of their ability to pay.
Learn more about our 100 year history
Celebrate the Centennial with us!
- Check out our 100 year history in our MWPH History Timeline.
- Join us in our upcoming Centennial Golf Tournament at Hayfields Country Club - June 6, 2022
- Save the date for our Centennial Ball! November 19, 2022. More info here.
- Learn more about the hospital by checking out our website, or reach out to us for more information.
Contact Andy Wayne, Director of Marketing and Communications, a[email protected], 410-578-5210.
Latest Centennial News
- MWPH Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- MWPH Celebrates 25 Years in the Capital Region
- WJZ story | Brave Beginning: Exploring the Roots of Baltimore's MWPH