Bring your commitment and determination, and we'll bring your knowledge, skills and talents to the next level.
As one of the premier children's facilities in the Mid-Atlantic, Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital consistently provides the very best in pediatric specialty care. Our leading-edge technologies and treatments draw patients from throughout the region and across the nation, and we rely on our expert team of nurses to consistently deliver the optimal level of care.
We offer exclusive training and development programs for our nurses at our best-in-class pediatric facility. Our in-house simulation-based pediatric specialty training for all new nursing personnel and our Nurse Residency program for new RN graduates, builds on the foundational education of new staff and further prepares them to be able to provide exceptional care to our special patient population.
Nurse Residency Program
The Nurse Residency program at MWPH utilizes the Vizient/AACN evidence-curriculum that is designed and proven to, improve decision-making skills, enhance clinical nursing leadership practices and promote the incorporation of research-based evidence into practice.
The Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program helps new graduates to:
- Use effective decision-making skills
- Provide clinical nursing leadership when administering care
- Incorporate research-based evidence into practice
- Strengthen their professional commitment to nursing
- Formulate an individual development plan
Pediatric specialty care nursing is an art. MWPH's Hospital Education and Organizational Development department is focused on delivering curriculum designed to train our nurses in areas that are specific to the pediatric care discipline.
Programs offered by the Hospital Education Department focus on:
- Improving pediatric specialty clinical knowledge, including pathophysiology
- Developing competent technical skills to improve patient outcomes
- Facilitating critical thinking and interdisciplinary team communication
- Incorporating high fidelity simulation to increase competence and confidence at the bedside
- Providing guest speakers that present on the latest evidence-based practice
Learn more about Nursing opportunities at Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital.
Employee Satisfaction, Straight From the SourceDirect quotes from our employees clearly demonstrate their satisfaction with our nursing training program.
"Discussing topics made me feel more confident in my practice on the patient care unit."
"Support for me as a new RN at MWPH is GREAT!"
"The best thing about the GYO program was bonding with other new grads and sharing experiences."
"I wish they had classes like these when I was in nursing school. I have learned so much here."