Weigh Smart Programs
CALL FOR APPOINTMENT:410-578-5145 410-578-5145
In all Weigh Smart® programs, your child will learn about healthy foods and activities. We work closely with each family to tailor treatment to your financial situation, your family dynamics, and your child's health needs.
You'll get written feedback on your child's progress and health improvement during the program, including their weight.
We'll ask you to stay on-site during each session and join discussions.
Medically supervised weight management programs include:
- Weigh Smart® for children 8-17 years
- Weigh Smart® Jr. for children 2-7 years
- A bariatric surgery option is also available
Group programs include
- Weigh Smart® Intensive Group – Sessions are twice per week for 8 weeks with our nutrition and exercise staff. One two-hour evening session includes one hour of discussion and one hour of fun group exercise, and the other evening session is exercise only. Ages 5-17.
- Weigh Smart® Jr. Group – A group program for children younger than 7 years old.
Self-Paced Program: Work at your own pace with the experts you need in nutrition, physical therapy, medicine or psychology. Ages 2-17.
Bariatric Surgery: We work with families before and after surgery to make sure your child has the best outcome.
The surgical weight management option is available to morbidly obese adolescents who are unable to lose weight through a medical weight loss program and meet certain medical criteria. The surgical weight management option is offered in collaboration with area bariatric centers with pediatric expertise.