What is the process to become a volunteer?
Volunteers are an important part of the hospital’s mission. We want to be sure the opportunities are the best fit for you and for the families we serve. Before you complete the application, please read the position descriptions below. On the application form you will be asked to select the desired position(s) in order of interest under the Assignment Preference and Selection. If a position is not available, you will not be allowed to select it on the application form.
Within two weeks of your application, you will be sent documents and health screening information that must be completed prior to being granted an interview. If the screenings are not returned within the time allotted, you will be removed from the volunteer application process.
Documentation to be completed:
- CARES Statement
- Confidentiality Statement
- Pledge to Serve
- Two letters of reference -Please note, they may not be from family members or employees. Friends and employers are welcome.
Background Check (will be sent to you electronically)
Medical screenings to be completed:
- PPD Tests – two separate skin tests for Tuberculosis
- Drug Screening – must be conducted at Sinai Hospital Occupational Health
- Health Assessment – must be signed by your physician
- Flu Shot – due annually, proof of receiving
Once your documentation and health screenings are completed, you will be contacted to arrange an interview with the desired department in which you wish to be assigned.
Please complete our online application form. As much as we would like to take every applicant, due to the volume of interested applicants and cost associated with processing each application, we are limited to the number we can accommodate.
For questions about the MWPH volunteer requirements please call the Volunteer Specialist at 410-578-5151.