Requirements for all MWPH Volunteers
Who is the Ideal Volunteer?
Volunteer opportunities are wonderful for people who love children, have compassion and patience and are willing to give of themselves. Volunteering is also an excellent choice for students entering the medical field. Whether you are a student, a retiree or someone who works full- or part-time, we can accommodate your scheduling needs. Aside from the deep satisfaction of helping children, you'll enjoy special perks, including a free meal in the cafeteria, free flu vaccinations, free parking and an annual volunteer dinner and gift.
General Hospital Requirements for All Volunteers:
- Age minimum of 16 for clerical positions
- Age minimum of 18 years or older to work with patients
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to pass a drug screening
- Be willing to receive a flu vaccination
- Must be able to pass two tuberculosis screenings
- Be able to commit to volunteering two hours per week (the same day and time) for one year OR at least 100 hours if your commitment is less than one year (ie. summer volunteers)