MWPH Doctors Recognized as Top Docs by Baltimore Magazine
For immediate release: October 24, 2016
BALTIMORE, MD (Oct. 24) – Twenty three doctors who practice at Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital (MWPH) were recognized as “Top Doctors” in the November 2016 issue of Baltimore magazine.
These doctors include:
- Dr. Andrew Abramowitz, orthopedics;
- Dr. Ajoke Ajayi-Akintade, behavior and development;
- Dr. Alicia Chaves, cardiology;
- Dr. Bernard Cohen, dermatology;
- Dr. Joseph Michael Collaco, pulmonology;
- Dr. David William Cooke, endocrinology;
- Dr. Teri Kahn, dermatology
- Dr. Richard Katz, gastroenterology;
- Dr. Eric Kossoff, neurology;
- Dr. Dominique N. Long, endocrinology;
- Dr. Sharon McGrath-Morrow, pulmonology;
- Dr. Ryan Miller, endocrinology;
- Dr. Peter Mogayzel, pulmonology;
- Dr. David Moore, pediatric surgeon
- Dr. Stephen Nichols, general pediatrics;
- Dr. Michael X. Repka, ophthalmology;
- Dr. Geoffrey Rosenthal, cardiology;
- Dr. Paul Sponseller, orthopedics;
- Dr. Laura Sterni, pulmonology;
- Dr. Dylan Stewart, pediatric surgeon;
- Dr. Eric Strauch, pediatric surgeon;
- Dr. Trevor Valentine, behavior and development; and
- Dr. Ranjit Varghese, orthopedics.
The results are based on a Baltimore magazine survey of thousands of physicians in the Baltimore area, including Baltimore City and the surrounding seven counties, asking where they would send a member of their family in hundreds of specialties. Many doctors would choose to send their loved ones to MWPH.
In addition to the list of “top doctors” from the Baltimore region, Dr. Nichols was featured in a call-out story which focused on rehabilitation medicine.
“I am delighted, but not surprised, to see our doctors recognized by their peers,” said Sheldon Stein, President and CEO at MWPH. “They know, as our patient and families do, that our healthcare is delivered with compassion and collaboration.”
To learn more about the “top doctors” at MWPH, please visit www.mwph.org or call 410-367-2222 to make an appointment at one of pediatric clinics.
About Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital: Where Children go to Heal and Grow
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital provides family-centered, integrated care to children with serious, chronic or complex medical needs. Since 1922, the hospital has helped children heal from illness and injury, and now treats more than 8,000 patients each year. With locations in Baltimore City and Prince George’s County, the 102-bed post-acute hospital is a jointly owned affiliate of the University of Maryland Medical System and Johns Hopkins Medicine. For more information, please visit mwph.org.