The Center for Pediatric and Adolescent Rehabilitation
The Center for Pediatric and Adolescent Rehabilitation (CPAR) is an inpatient unit that offers physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy for infant-to-adolescent aged children with orthopedic, neurological, and developmental diagnoses. We help each child realize their fullest potential and enhance overall quality of life in a nurturing, family-focused setting.
While your child is attending therapies and structured activities, you can be assured that they are receiving the highest quality of care, as Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital (MWPH) prides itself on being a leader in the rehabilitation of children.
- 99% of patients are transitioned directly to home or acute care facilities
- Length of hospitalization is below the national average
- Functional improvement is greater than the national average
- Functional improvement is maintained over time
- Significant involvement in school and community activities occurs after going home
- High patient and family satisfaction
- Family suggestions are used when developing and improving programs
- Treatment of children who have cerebral palsy, orthopedic conditions or experienced multiple traumas exceeds the national average*