Mission History and Vision
In 1922, a medical social worker named Hortense Kahn Eliasberg
sought to open a home where children could safely recover from
illness and surgery.
Thanks to her efforts, the Happy Hills Convalescent Home for
Children opened later that year in Northwest Baltimore. It has
since evolved into the Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital, a leader
in local pediatric care.
Today, those who work at Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital remain
committed to the mission Hortense Kahn Eliasberg established so many
years ago - improving the health and well-being of all children who are
ill, injured, or in need of help.
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital is dedicated to maximizing the
health and independence of the children we serve.
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital will be a premier leader in providing specialty health care for children, as distinguished by our:
- Quality of care
- Service excellence
- Multidisciplinary approach
- Family focus
- Outstanding workforce
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital will act in a manner consistent with these values:
- Quality - Adhere to the highest standards of care in a safe environment
- Integrity - Act with honesty and truthfulness in all patient care and business activities
- Respect - Treat all individuals with compassion, dignity and courtesy
- Education - Promote lifelong learning
This page was last updated: March 25, 2015